Monday, December 29, 2008

Weihnachten=Christmas #1

I'm glad that I finally have time to blog about my 1st 'real Christmas' celebration.*\(^_^)/*

Ok first and foremost let me teach you some German, Christmas in German is called Weihnachten. If you don't know German, you can pronounce it as 'wai-nak-ten', and remember to pronounce in Malay way.
Second, when you want to wish the others 'Merry Christmas', you say 'Frohe Weihnachten'.

Now I wanna introduce to you---Advent Calendar.

It is a special calendar for Christmas with dates 1st-24th and surprises for 24 days.

What are the surprises?

Chocolate egg with toy inside.

Or with chocolate sweets.


Or with hippo chocolate.

Or with...chocolate. ~.~

So, all surprises in my advent calendar are chocolate.
Of course lah~my advent calendar is from Kinder chocolate company wo~
^^"
Of course not all advent calendar are with chocolate, it depends on how much you pay for it. Normally are with chocolate or sweets, but if you got lovely parents, you might get surprises with anything possible for 24days. *o*

Then, something special in Europe is that they celebrate Nikolaus Tag (St. Nicholas day) on 6th Dec. But my hostfamily always celebrate it on 5th night by Oma Mia(mum from my hostmum).
St. Nicholas is also known as today's Santa Claus. He was known for helping the poor and he died on 6th Dec A.D, so we celebrate this day and receive presents from the adults. However he's actually the real 'gift-giver' in Christian and the 'founder' of present in sock, NOT Santa-Claus-got-a-presents-workshop-in-North-Pole-with-elfs-working-for-him-and-he-came-down-with-a-team-of-reindeer.
It's hard to explain so much here, go here to check out more about St. Nicholas!
St. Nicholas imitated by my host uncle...haha!
He gave presents to the children when they good behaved.
I dunno if he got a special name but I know he scared the children by knowing what bad things they did, so to behave better in future.
It's actually a surprise for me and Doris so that we can experience how the Germans celebrate this day.
It's quite long ago since they imitated the St. Nicolas because they don't have small children anymore in family and they all know it's fake now. So my host did it specially for me this year. Haha! o(≧v≦)o
Of course need to imitate lah~

Mine one was more complete LOL
German snacks. I must miss them when I go back to Malaysia.
〒︿〒
Not many photos with my hostdad in. So need 珍惜! =D
He's holding a big fireplace tool, that's what we pointing to. XD
The presents were all chocolates and sweets.
The real presents come 24th night. Cant wait. XD
And 2nd post about Christmas is coming soon. <( ̄︶ ̄)/ 

0 comment(s)☜♥☞: